[ Suspicion of criminal activity ] [ Criminal Investigations ] [ Indicators of suspicion ] [ Types of crimes ]
[ Process of a Criminal Investigation ] [ Corporate Crimes ] [ Criminal Corporate Activity ]
Suspicion of criminal activity
Most official criminal investigations can only be conducted by a law enforcement agency or other relevant authorities.
But if the police do not have enough resources to investigate a potentially criminal act, then the help of a private investigator can be called in.
As Private investigators, we will investigate the suspicion of criminal activity, when the rightful authorities have not filed charges or when the crime remained unsolved.
The questions to ask:
- was a crime committed?
- if so; who did, what, how, when, where, and why.
Our criminal investigations include:
- the search for evidence – gathering proof and documentation
- conducting interviews with witnesses, coroners, doctors, police, bystanders
- interrogations are done by the police
- the evidence is collected and preserved
- depending on the case other methods of investigation are applied
- different forensic science investigative technique is used
- provide support to lawyers to present the evidence in the criminal court of law
The “indicators of suspicion” in investigations lead to suspects:
The motives to commit a crime:
– other reasons
The means to commit a crime:
The opportunity to commit a crime:
(presence at the crime scene during the time of the offense).
Types of Crimes that we can investigate:
- arson & pyromaniacs
- assault & battery
- credit-card theft
- theft of valuable items
- tracking of stolen items
- rape, sexual abuse
- child abuse
- elderly abuse
- identity theft
- identity fraud
- cyber crimes
- internet scams
The Process of a Criminal Investigation
gather evidence in a legal and professional way
crime scene investigation at the place of the crime
make or gather crime scene photos & crime scene videos
- gather evidence in a legal and professional way
- crime scene investigation at the place of the crime
- make or gather crime scene photos & crime scene videos
- arrest record & criminal records search on the victims and perpetrators
- assist in establishing an alibi for innocent people (wrongly accused)
- fix the refute motive
- assist in locating the real criminal (who might be on the run or hiding somewhere)
Corporate Criminal Investigations & Corporate Crimes
Our AR INTELL Corporate Crime Task Force consists of specialized corporate security professionals. We investigate mostly corporate crimes, torts (wrongful acts or an infringement of certain rights), and different types of contractual breaches.
Corporate crimes & Corporate Investigations mostly refer to:
- employee fraud
- job thievery – stealing on the job
- financial fraud
- theft of physical property
- data theft
“Violations of personal data and computer hacking skyrocketed in France last year, growing 80 percent compared to 2020, according to a report published by the National Commission for Informatics and Liberties.”
This kind of data retrieval can be incredibly harmful, and can affect anyone, from individuals to huge organizations. Some data breaches can even be entirely accidental!”
- embezzlement of money
- corporate offenses
- money laundry
- forgery of documents
- commercial bribery
- compliance investigations – non-compliance with industry standards
- property destruction
- breach of ethical code – unethical behavior
- infringement of fiduciary & other financial duties.
- accounting improprieties.
- violation of company policies.
- privacy rights issues.
- reporting fraud
- internal security & other controls + safeguards
- information access and information control strategies (CIA principle)
- insider trading & insider deals
- cartel forming
- corporate manslaughter
Criminal Corporate Activity
When you suspect there are criminal corporate activities occurring in your organization or company, then you will need to apply forensic accounting skills. Furthermore, you could learn how to use a polygraph test (lie detector), and understand the correct arrest & other administrative procedures. The use of digital forensics has also become more and more important during the past decades.
Do check our Corporate Fraud Investigations page here.
AR INTELL provides practical and strategic advice to shareholders and corporate executives. Consequently, we can operate at all levels such as company officers, security officers, managers, employees, or staff in financial institutions & multinational corporates.
Over the years we have developed a keen insight into different industries. We offer in-depth local knowledge and insight into regulatory & legal frameworks, international compliance issues, and law enforcement.