What is a forensic accident investigation or accident reconstruction?
In traffic we call this also a vehicular accident investigation and reconstruction (car accidents). Of course there are many more types of accidents.
The Accident investigation will focus on the process of determining the root causes of accidents, work-related injuries, property damage, and other incidents. One of the purposes of the investigation is to understand better what happened in order to prevent accidents from occurring again.
The investigation needs to find the real cause of why the incident occurred. With the right knowledge, based on facts, you can take steps to prevent future accidents from occurring.
Different Types of Accidents
- traffic accidents (rear end collisions, side impact collisions, vehicle rollover, sideswipe collisions, head-on collisions, single car accidents and multiple vehicle pile-ups)
- motor vehicle accidents (car, motorcycle)
- vehicle accidents (airplanes, Bicycles, Sailing ships,Traffic collisions,Train wrecks,Trams)
- commercial drone accidents
- road traffic accidents
- work accidents
- air transport accident
- water transport accident
- sports accidents
- industrial accidents
- slipping and tripping over objects
- injuries caused by a sharp objects (knifes or broken glass)
- burns and scalds
- electrocution (electricity invoked)
- accidental poisoning
- food poisoning
- injuries from operating machinery or specialised equipment
- occupational accident
- non-occupational accident
- physical accident
- non-physical accident
- medical neglicence accident
Related sudden illnesses:
- diabetic coma
- epileptic seizure
- fainting (due to an accident)
- bleeding (due to an accident as well)
- heart attacks
Accident investigation Process & Report
Our accident investigators focus on:
- fact finding, not fault finding
- uncover the root causes of why & how the incident occurred
- prevention in the near future to avoid the same accident from happening again
- are health & safety condition in place (SOP, policy)
- did any violation of safety and health standards occur?
- determine legal liability of people included
- evaluate the need for repairs or replacement of damaged items
- background investigation of the people involved
- site investigation
- analysis and reporting
Accident reconstruction drawings
These are visual recreations or sketches of the accident, visualizing the accident location, surrounding area, vehicles and people prevent at the time of the incident. They are based on eyewitness reports, interviews with people who saw something, photographs, CCTV security footage, traffic cameras, police reports, car electronics logs, GPS tracking data, smartphone videos, smartphone pictures, and other physical evidence.