How to Stop Ransomware Attacks
Detection, prevention, and mitigation of a ransomware attack
AR INTELL can assist you in the detection, prevention, and mitigation of a ransomware attack on your company or organization.
Don’t become an easy target or victim of a ransomware gang. Launching ransomware attacks is a lucrative business for hackers and organized crime. It is a multi-billion-dollar industry. How do you know if you are being targeted?
What is Ransomware as a Service? “RAAS” consists of software-as-a-service attack vectors whereby criminals buy ransomware on the dark web. This software is used to conduct ransomware exploits.
The surge of Ransomware in 2021 Report – Ransomware 2022 Threat Report
Many articles and advice have been formulated on this matter. Here are a few general pointers to avoid becoming the victim of ransomware attacks.
- use up to data anti-virus scanners
- use VPN when going online
- update and patch your devices
- don’t use illegal or hacked software
- don’t click on suspicious emails (phishing attacks)
- run a firewall on your devices and in your network
- don’t put your backups on the same network where the ransomware attack might occur
- prepare a full recovery plan – do a simulation
- conduct security awareness training
- establish a Zero trust architecture and micro-segmentation (data silos)
- perform endpoint protection
- talk to cybersecurity consultants