Detection, prevention, and mitigation of a ransomware attack
AR INTELL can assist you in the detection, prevention, and mitigation of a ransomware attack on your company or organization.
Don’t become an easy target or victim of a ransomware gang. Launching ransomware attacks is a lucrative business for hackers and organized crime. It is a multi-billion-dollar industry. How do you know if you are being targeted?
What is Ransomware as a Service? “RAAS” consists of software-as-a-service attack vectors whereby criminals buy ransomware on the dark web. This software is used to conduct ransomware exploits.
Many articles and advice have been formulated on this matter. Here are a few general pointers to avoid becoming the victim of ransomware attacks.
- use up to data anti-virus scanners
- use VPN when going online
- update and patch your devices
- don’t use illegal or hacked software
- don’t click on suspicious emails (phishing attacks)
- run a firewall on your devices and in your network
- don’t put your backups on the same network where the ransomware attack might occur
- prepare a full recovery plan – do a simulation
- conduct security awareness training
- establish a Zero trust architecture and micro-segmentation (data silos)
- perform endpoint protection
- talk to cybersecurity consultants