When we at AR INTELL are requested to do a background check into somebody, then typically these questions come to mind:
- What to look for in a professional background investigation by a Private Investigator?
- When to conduct a background investigation into an employee?
- When is a background investigation related to a criminal case?
- Is it better to do your own background investigation or hire a third party for a background check?
The answer to these questions depends on the person requesting the investigation and on what type of investigation…
So what does a background check consist of searching for information that :
- reduces the chances of hiring the wrong person for a certain job in a company or organization.
- points to indications, history of potential dishonest immoral or dangerous behavior or attitude.
We could look at areas such as :
- Verification of employment history – curriculum vitae – fact-checking
- Verification of educational background and degrees, diploma’s or certifications
- Confirmation of related Qualifications
- Follow up of references
- Checking of criminal records or affiliation with criminal organizations
- Verification of Credit Report
- Checking of motor vehicle records