Lost or Missing Family
Your father, mother or child is missing? Do you know what to do?
In the event that this would happen to you, consequently you can imagine by now that the level of stress is very high. The scenario is that your family member went missing or is lost and this would already be the case for a while. Under these circumstances, you don’t know if they are hurt or need help. It could be an abduction case. Not much is clear in the beginning. Action is required. You need the right information to reduce the unknowns.
Certainly, when the person is very young, very old and maybe also has a mental or other medical condition, the experience becomes even more stressful. You don’t want to be too long in this kind of situation. The same goes for the victim
Because this is such an important matter, you must try to remain calm when family members go lost or missing. For this reason, get help immediately from experienced people. There are professionals who are trained to deal with these types of situations.
Firstly; you must take the right steps methodically & immediately. After all the chances of finding a missing person are much better when you get some information in the 1st 24 or 48 hours. Because the trails easily get cold after that period of time.
Secondly; if you are getting no results, or you simply can’t handle or deal with the situation, then do consult a professional. Don’t wait till it is too late.
Who can go lost or missing?
- estranged parents
- a sister or brother that you have never met
- young children
- elderly persons
- wife or husband
- other family members
- mentally challenged persons
- nephews, cousins, etc..
Steps to take when a family member goes missing:
- immediately inform the police & provide all relevant information
- keep copies of the reports
- file a missing person report with your local authorities
- consult missing and unidentified persons systems
- check traffic camera’s and cctv systems who might have recorded something
- login into online accounts of the smartphone or gps-tracker to see if there is live GEO-trace track
- instruct the telecom to ping the missing person their phone (geo-location)
- register the missing person on missing persons databases
- check with local jails & gateway houses
- check with employers
- contact the Red-Cross
- check in the direct neighborhoud, neighbors
- call closeby hospitals
- get in touch with coroners to verify if the person has not deceased
- verify social media accounts
- post poster of missing person on social media
- print out a detailed missing person poster + description and put it up in neighborhouds
- check with friends, acquintances & family of the missing person
- list of recent locations the missing person frequented – historical timeline
- alert the media
- spread the word to other relevant persons
- do a grid search in a professional manner with the assistance of professionals
- hire a professional private investigator
Investigation Lost or Missing Family Member
This type of investigation is obviously done for the purpose to locate the missing person. Secondly, the circumstances under which a person went missing will be investigated.
The first step in this missing family member case is to know all of the facts. Interview, research, surveillance, location-tracking will be done to achieve this. As a result, a clear communication and reporting, within the parameter of the law and in cooperation with Law Enforcement and other authorities will follow.