Corporate Fraud Investigations
[ Types of Fraud ] [ Asset Misappropriation ] [ Vendor Fraud ] [ Accounting Fraud ] [ Payroll Fraud ] [ Data Theft ] [ Bribery & Corruption ] [ Fraudulent Activities ]
AR INTELL provides investigative services into Corporate Fraud. We assist with determining the complexity of the detected fraud, who is involved, and what methods were used. To do this we perform different types of corporate investigations to gather relevant evidence. We advise also on how to identify & recover assets. Avoiding future losses is key; doing in-depth risk assessments & risk management can help with fraud prevention and fraud detection.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF CORPORATE FRAUD
Asset Misappropriation – Theft of Company Assets by an employee
- cheque forgery, illegal cheque without (kiting)
- tampering with cheques
- inventory theft (physical assets)
- theft of cash
- theft of physical assets
- expense reimbursement fraud
- expense account fraud
Is money being stolen from the company accounts?
- procurement fraud
- payment fraud on vendor/customer accounts
- workers compensation fraud
- health or medical insurance fraud – cheating healthcare providers to defraud an insurance company
- sales commission fraud – false sales to get a higher commission
- personal use/abuse of company Vehicle – unauthorized activities
Vendor Fraud – Supply Chain Fraud
- verify if employees and vendors acting alone or “in cahoots” with each other
- billing schemes – false payments, fictitious vendors, shell companies, manipulating accounts
- bribery and kickbacks – getting payments in exchange for an advantage
- check tampering – forgery, alteration, or use of unauthorized checks
- overbilling by vendor
- price fixing
Is money mis-appropriated to vendors or suppliers? Are there kick-back deals in place?
- manipulation of the company’s accounts with little or no oversight
- embezzlement – larceny
- accounts payable fraud
- accounts payable fraud – easy fraud to perpetrate
- fake suppliers – billing companies with fake invoices
- personal purchases
- double-checking fraud
- accounts receivable fraud – lapping – fake sales – skimming money
Are your accounts being manipulated? Are the books being “cooked”?
- ghost employee schemes – fake employee or ex-employee on the payroll
- advanced salary fraud
- timesheet fraud – inflated or unexisting hours, clocking for other workers i
- paycheck theft
Is there a possibility of payroll fraud?
Data Theft – Digital Fraud
- Theft of intellectual property
- Theft of personally identifiable information
- Theft of other confidential information
- Trade Secret Theft
- Theft of proprietary information
- Theft of Customer List or Contact Lists
- Theft of Personally Identifiable Information (PID)
- Theft of credit card numbers
- Theft of client lists
- Theft of valuable PID
How much of your data is stolen or copied without your knowledge?
Bribery & Corruption
- high profile frauds
- corporate kickbacks
- bribes (illegal advantages for employees)
- unauthorized discounts.
- shell company fraud
- money laundry
- assets diversion
- tax evasion, tax avoidance
- product substitution (purchasing bad or fake products different from what was agreed
Is money being taken “under the table”?
Other fraudulent activities
- abuse of trust
- money laundry
- extortion (*)
The types of fraudulent activities that we investigate always use deception in order to make a personal gain in a dishonest way, hence creating a loss for another party. If you want to prevent such unforeseen losses, an investigation can help you prevent unneeded suffering in the near future.